About the Glass Shrimp Salmon Atlantic Fly
The Glass Shrimp is an exciting pattern that tempts the most choosy of predators.
Glass Shrimps, also commonly known as grass or ghost shrimps, are a freshwater and brackish water shrimp native to various river systems in the USA.
Tier of this salmon atlantic fly: Mandy Shelvey
Country of origin for this salmon atlantic fly: USA
- Hook : 8-10.
- Silk : Invisible mending silk.
- Body : Wide flat pearl lurex with clear polythene strip wound over to desired shape.
- Legs : A white cock hackle with one side stripped and tied in underneath and brought forward after body is formed.
- Rib : Transparent 2lb mono filament or tying silk which keeps the legs to the underside of the body.
- Antennae : Two strand of white horsehair, cock hackle stalks or hare's whiskers. This is followed by a bunch of white cock hackle fibres.
- Eyes : Two strands of melted mono filament painted black.
- Carapace : These are formed from thin semi- transparent plastic sheeting or drinking straws.
Comments from other fly fishermen
Currently there are no comments about the Glass Shrimp fly pattern from other fly fishermen yet.
Sign-in to make a comment
To make a comment, please sign-in or register securely with us.