Last Updated: 25th May 2018
('We/Us' refers to Fish4Flies Ltd. 'You/Member' refers to a user, customer or account holder of Fish4Flies Ltd.)
Information we collect
Our primary reasons for collecting information about you is to help fulfil orders placed with Fish4Flies, however additional information lets us improve the service which we offer you.
We collect information in the following ways:
- Information you give us. This is primary used in order to fulfil any orders that you place. Name and address so that we can send you your items; telephone numbers help us ring you in case we run into any problems with any items in your order. We also capture information such as ordering patterns.
- Credit card numbers. These are stored within our payment providers’ secure vault. It enables us to securely bill your card for subsequent orders by asking a few security details.
- Information we obtain from using our service. This can include information such as IP address, which we use to estimate your country of origin to show you relevant flies for your area and time of year. We also anonymously track you using 3rd party cookies from Google Analytics and Adwords services in order to understand our customers and advertise to potential new and existing customers through their network. You can opt out of this by disabling '3rd party' cookies within your browser (however make sure you do not disable cookies altogether, as Fish4Flies along with many other sites will not function as expected)
Sharing with 3rd Parties
Fish4Flies does not share any personal information with any third parties, with the exception of information required to process card payments.
Anonymous information is used by Tawk.to which runs our online chat service. This information includes your IP address and country, but if you start a chat we will ask for your email address, name or phone number so that we can associate your query with your account. This contact information is stored on the Tawk server for Fish4Flies' use in dealing with your query.
Fish4Flies does not sell or give information which can be used to identify you to any other company.
Communications you may receive
Fish4Flies may contact you by email, telephone or in writing in the event there is a problem with your order, or in response to a query you have raised with us.
Fish4Flies will also send you notifications about your order in the form of an order confirmation, despatch notification once your goods have been posted, and pattern request notifications at your request.
Occasionally we would like to contact you with latest information about our services. As a legitimate interest, such contact will be limited to our active members. 'Active Members' are classed as members who have made a purchase within the last 24 months, or have engaged with one of our 'Top 10', 'Catch Winner' or ‘General Newsletter’ emails in the 24 months prior to any mailing. New and unsubscribed members have the option to opt-in to these emails during the checkout process or directly within your account, and will continue to receive these emails while they maintain an ‘Active Member’ status or choose to opt-out. You may opt-out at any time within your account or at the footer of such emails.
These emails include but are not limited to:
- Monthly Top 10 Chart
- Announcement of catch competition winner
- Specific information about patterns you are interested in (such as fresh stock notifications or new patterns)
- General newsletter
We may process your personal information for carefully considered and specific purposes which enable us to enhance the services we provide to our customers. These may include the following:
- Collecting anonymous sales information about order patterns in each country, to deliver recommended patterns to you and other users residing in the same country for the current time of year.
- Collecting anonymous sales information to produce our Top Ten Chart, and publicising this in our newsletter and via an email notification which you can opt-out of at any time.
- Publishing the winner of our monthly catch competition, including their first name, lake or area where they caught the fish or if these are not available, the area in which they reside together with a photo of the catch supplied by the user. By uploading your catch photo onto the site you consent to this publication of data on the Fish4Flies catch area of the site and also via email to our members when we announce the winner.
Cookies we use
- Session cookies: these are temporary cookies and are only stored until you leave the website or when you close your web browser
- Persistent cookies: these last for a fixed period of time, defined within the cookie, and allow the website to recognise the device again when the user returns to that website on that device. These are used to remember certain user preferences.
- Third party cookies:we work with third parties who, on our behalf, research the use of our website and activities on it. In doing so they may place a cookie on your device, however, it would not contain any personal information that others could read and understand. We also work with third parties to evaluate the effectiveness of our advertising and promotions on third party websites. Again, the cookie would not contain any personal information that others could read and understand.