About the Green Highlander Salmon Atlantic Fly
The Green Highlander is certainly one of the most famous of the classics. It has been successfully catching fish around the world ever since it was first recorded in 1885.
It is an attractive mid summer fly and is especially good in fine weather and sunshine.
Country of origin for this salmon atlantic fly: Scotland/Norway
This salmon atlantic fly is designed to be fished on Rivers & Streams
- Hook : Silver Salar.
- Tying silk : Black.
- Tag : Oval silver tinsel and no.12 lime green Glo Brite floss silk.
- Tail : Golden pheasant topping.
- Butt : Brown ostrich herl.
- Bod : Rear third, bright yellow floss silk, front 2/3, green highlander floss.
- Rib : Oval silver tinsel.
- Throat : Bright yellow hackle fibres.
- Wing : Natural squirrel tail dyed bright yellow with green squirrel tail on top.
Comments from other fly fishermen
Currently there are no comments about the Green Highlander fly pattern from other fly fishermen yet.
Sign-in to make a comment
To make a comment, please sign-in or register securely with us.