About the Polar Shrimp Salmon Atlantic Fly
The Polar Shrimp is a versatile pattern that imitates shrimp, roe or eggs. Most importantly it catches fish, often with swift savage takes.
It is often used when Salmon have recently migrated from salt to fresh water, or for steel head.
Country of origin for this salmon atlantic fly: England/Scotland
This salmon atlantic fly is designed to be fished on Rivers & Streams
- Hook : Salar gold sizes 5-9.
- Tail : Bright red buck tail.
- Body : Hot orange seal's fur.
- Rib : Oval gold tinsel.
- Back : Buck tail that is used for the tail is tied in at the head, laid down over the back of the fly and secured by the rib, leaving the tips to form a tail.
- Throat : Red hackle fibres.
- Head : Fluorescent red.
Comments from other fly fishermen
Currently there are no comments about the Polar Shrimp fly pattern from other fly fishermen yet.
Sign-in to make a comment
To make a comment, please sign-in or register securely with us.