About the Gallegos Mouse Trout Flies Fly
The Gallegos Mouse is a pattern devised for surface fishing on the River Gallegos in Argentina.
It has proved to be successful when used almost anywhere as a wake fly for Salmon, steel head or sea trout, even the occasional muskie pike.
Creator of this trout flies fly: Nick Zoll
Tier of this trout flies fly: Mandy Shelvey
Country of origin for this trout flies fly: Argentina
- Hook : 8-10 standard Salmon single.
- Silk : Black.
- Tail : Four strands of gold flashabou, with a tuft of natural deer hair tied in on top.
- Body : Butt ends of the deer hair used for the tail laid along shank and crisscrossed with the tying silk.
- Wing : Bunch of natural hair.
- Head : Butt ends of the deer hair used for the wing trimmed on the top of the hook shank only.
Comments from other fly fishermen
Currently there are no comments about the Gallegos Mouse fly pattern from other fly fishermen yet.
Sign-in to make a comment
To make a comment, please sign-in or register securely with us.