About the March Brown Male Trout Flies Fly
The March Brown has been a staunch pattern in fly boxes from the 1680s.
Although primarily an early season favourite, is is also successful throughout the season.
Creator of this trout flies fly: 16th.Century
Tier of this trout flies fly: Mandy Shelvey
Country of origin for this trout flies fly: England
This trout flies fly is designed to be fished on Dams & Reservoirs, Rivers & Streams, Still Water fish
- Hook : 10-14. Usually 12.
- Thread : Brown or yellow.
- Tail : Two fibres of partridge tail.
- Body : Copper coloured silk, dubbed with fur from a hare's ear and mixed with yellow mohair.
- Rib : Yellow tying silk.
- Hackle, legs : Brown partridge.
- Wings : Partridge tail.
The wings can be from the inner quill feather of a hen pheasant's wing.
Comments from other fly fishermen
Currently there are no comments about the March Brown Male fly pattern from other fly fishermen yet.
Sign-in to make a comment
To make a comment, please sign-in or register securely with us.