About the Garry Dog Salmon Atlantic Fly
The Garry Dog is reputedly named after the Golden Retriever from whose tail, hair was taken to form part of the wing when this pattern was first tied.
This is a versatile fly that successfully catches Salmon, steelhead and sea trout. It combines movement and suitable colours that works well in stained water.
Country of origin for this salmon atlantic fly: Scotland
This salmon atlantic fly is designed to be fished on Rivers & Streams
- Tag : Oval silver tinsel.
- Butt : Yellow floss.
- Tail : A yellow crest from a golden pheasant.
- Body : Black floss silk.
- Ribbing : Oval silver tinsel.
- Throat hackle : Dyed blue guinea fowl or blue jay.
- Wing : Red bucktail or red hair, one third, with yellow bucktail or yellow hair, two thirds over the top.
- Head : Red or black is used to finish the head.
Comments from other fly fishermen
Currently there are no comments about the Garry Dog fly pattern from other fly fishermen yet.
Sign-in to make a comment
To make a comment, please sign-in or register securely with us.