About the Hairy Red Eyed Gold Ribbed Hare's Ear Trout Fly
The Hairy Red Eyed Gold Ribbed Hare's Ear is one of the highly successful Hairy Red Eyed Nymph series of flies.
Creator of this trout fly: Gordon Mackenzie
Tier of this trout fly: Gordon Mackenzie
Country of origin for this trout fly: South Africa
This trout fly is designed to be fished on Dams & Reservoirs, Still Water
- Hook : 8-14 wtd.
- Thread : Yellow 6/0 or 8/0.
- Eyes : Nylon mono nymph eyes painted red.
- Weight : Copper wire.
- Tail : Light natural wild rabbit fur.
- Ribbing : Gold oval tinsel.
- Body : Hare's ear dubbing.
- Underwing : Light natural wild rabbit fur.
- Thorax : Well picked out hare's ear dubbing.
- Overwing : Dark natural wild rabbit fur.
- Hackle : Light natural wild rabbit guard hairs .
- Head : Brown dubbing.
Comments from other fly fishermen
Currently there are no comments about the Hairy Red Eyed Gold Ribbed Hare's Ear fly pattern from other fly fishermen yet.
Sign-in to make a comment
To make a comment, please sign-in or register securely with us.