About the Pheasant Tail Nymph Trout Fly
The Pheasant Tail Nymph is one of the oldest and most successful of modern nymph patterns. It is an elegantly simple, yet devastatingly effective nymph that suggests a wide range of living creatures that trout are fond of devouring.
It is one of the flies that will never go out of fashion because it can be relied on to catch fish throughout the year.
Country of origin for this trout fly: England
This trout fly is designed to be fished on Dams & Reservoirs, Still Water
- Hook: 10–16.
- Thread: Fine copper wire.
- Underbody: Build up of fine copper wire.
- Tail: Cock pheasant tail fibres, rich brown.
- Body: Cock pheasant tail fibres, rich brown.
- Thorax: Cock pheasant tail fibres, rich brown.
- Wingcase: Cock pheasant tail fibres, rich brown.
Comments from other fly fishermen
Currently there are no comments about the Pheasant Tail Nymph fly pattern from other fly fishermen yet.
Sign-in to make a comment
To make a comment, please sign-in or register securely with us.