About the Dancing Damsel Trout Flies Fly
The Dancing Damsel should ideally be fished on a Floating Line with a leader of about 3 m (10 ft) or more. After the fly has sunk to the required depth, the retrieve should be in short pulls of about half a metre (2 ft), with some light twitches inbetween. This will activate the tail section, adding lifelike realism.
This fly is one of the most prodigious killers in modern fishing.
Creator of this trout flies fly: Trevor Morgan
Tier of this trout flies fly: Trevor Morgan
Country of origin for this trout flies fly: England
This trout flies fly is designed to be fished on Dams & Reservoirs, Still Water fish
- Tail section : Use any straight eyed hook.
- Wing : Bottom section dressed under the hook 3 or 4 fibres of bright green arctic fox tail, 3 fibres yellow arctic fox tail.
- Top section : Pinch of medium olive arctic fox tail, 3 or 4 fibres chartreuse lite brite. Small pinch of dark olive arctic fox tail. When this part is finished cut off the bend of the hook halfway along the shank.
- Hook : Ashima F40 size 10.
- Head : 3 mm gold bead.
- At this stage tie in a length of medium copper or brass wire along the shank, then through the eye of the hook, tail section and back onto the shank, forming a neat loop.
- Body : Chartreuse lite brite.
- Rib : Fine copper wire over medium green tinsel running along the spine.
- Wing : A tuft of olive arctic fox body fur.
Comments from other fly fishermen
Currently there are no comments about the Dancing Damsel fly pattern from other fly fishermen yet.
Sign-in to make a comment
To make a comment, please sign-in or register securely with us.