About the Hessian Nymph Trout Fly
The Hessian Nymph can be leaded, but fishes best mid-water and retrieved very slowly. Excellent alternative to Hare's Ear.
Creator of this trout fly: Gary Coxon
Tier of this trout fly: Gary Coxon
Country of origin for this trout fly: England
This trout fly is designed to be fished on Dams & Reservoirs, Rivers & Streams, Still Water
- Hook : Size 12 - 14.
- Thread : 8/0 Black Uni.
- Tail : Pheasant tail fibres.
- Underbody : Lead wire (optional).
- Body : Hessian string dubbing (Type used by gardeners).
- Thorax : Hessian string dubbing.
- Rib : Fine copper wire.
- Wing Case : Pheasant tail fibres.
- Legs : Partridge breast feather fibres.
Create the hessian string dubbing by brushing out with a wire brush. Although very coarse it spins very tight if used in a dubbing whirl.
Varnish the wing case when the fly is complete.
Comments from other fly fishermen
Currently there are no comments about the Hessian Nymph fly pattern from other fly fishermen yet.
Sign-in to make a comment
To make a comment, please sign-in or register securely with us.