About the Hardy's Favourite Trout Fly
The Hardy's Favourite is a fancy dry fly created by J J Hardy.
It was originally fished either dry or wet but is best used as a dry in May and June for trout.
It is a good point fly on Scottish lochs and still waters.
Creator of this trout fly: J J Hardy
Tier of this trout fly: Mandy Shelvey
Country of origin for this trout fly: England
This trout fly is designed to be fished on Rivers & Streams, Still Water
- Hook : 10-14.
- Thread : Black or dark brown.
- Tail : 3 or 4 fibres of golden pheasant tippet.
- Body : Claret floss silk.
- Rib : Bronze peacock herl.
- Wings : Wing feather of woodcock.
- Hackle : Light partridge breast, grey.
Comments from other fly fishermen
Currently there are no comments about the Hardy's Favourite fly pattern from other fly fishermen yet.
Sign-in to make a comment
To make a comment, please sign-in or register securely with us.