About the Murragh Trout Flies Fly
The Murragh is an imitation of a large Irish Sedge. It is a popular lure for dapping on the rivers and loughs of Galway and Mayo.
The natural is called Great Red Sedge and is found on waters over the whole of Europe during the early season, especially during the evening.
Creator of this trout flies fly: Anon
Tier of this trout flies fly: Paul Strasman
Country of origin for this trout flies fly: Ireland
This trout flies fly is designed to be fished on Rivers & Streams, Still Water fish
- Hook : 8 longshank.
- Silk : Brown.
- Rib : Oval gold.
- Body : Brown seal's fur or substitute fur.
- Hackle : Palmered red brown cock.
- Wing : Slips of brown turkey or bucktail.
- Front Hackles : Two red brown cock, together.
- Antennae : Two stripped stalks of red brown hackle.
Comments from other fly fishermen
Currently there are no comments about the Murragh fly pattern from other fly fishermen yet.
Sign-in to make a comment
To make a comment, please sign-in or register securely with us.