About the Fluttering Stone Trout Fly
The Fluttering Stone is an effective pattern that creates exciting movements on the surface.
An old practice of fishing this fly is to lightly burn the bottom of the hackle with a lighter so that it creates a darker reflection on the surface and sits lower in the water.
Tier of this trout fly: Mandy Shelvey
Country of origin for this trout fly: USA
This trout fly is designed to be fished on Rivers & Streams
- Hook : 4-8.
- Thread : Orange.
- Body : Orange polypro yarn, woven and extended.
- Wing : Natural light elk.
- Overwing : Short dark elk.
- Shoulder Hackle : Brown cock.
- Antennae : Brown stripped hackles or moose hair.
Comments from other fly fishermen
Currently there are no comments about the Fluttering Stone fly pattern from other fly fishermen yet.
Sign-in to make a comment
To make a comment, please sign-in or register securely with us.