About the Peter Ross Trout Flies Fly
The Peter Ross was created in the 1890s as a variant of the Teal & Red.
It has over the last 120 years or so become one of the very best lough, lake, and stillwater fly patterns.
It is equally well when fished as a single or as point on a team.
Peter Ross was a store keeper in Killin, Perthshire.
Creator of this trout flies fly: Peter Ross (1873-1923)
Tier of this trout flies fly: Mandy Shelvey
Country of origin for this trout flies fly: Scotland
This trout flies fly is designed to be fished on Rivers & Streams, Still Water fish
- Hook : 8-14.
- Thread : Black.
- Body, front half : Red seal's fur.
- Body, rear half : Flat silver tinsel.
- Rib : Fine oval silver wire.
- Beard Hackle : Black, hen or cock.
- Wing : Barred teal breast feather.
- Tail : Golden pheasant tippet.
Comments from other fly fishermen
Currently there are no comments about the Peter Ross fly pattern from other fly fishermen yet.
Sign-in to make a comment
To make a comment, please sign-in or register securely with us.