About the Red n Black Steelie Pacific & Steelhead Fly
The Red n Black Steelie has become very popular over the last few seasons. The weight of the bottle tube gets the fly to the required depth and then 'twitching it' makes the mobile wing move tantalizingly. thereby creating a more animated fly.
Country of origin for this pacific & steelhead fly: Norway
This pacific & steelhead fly is designed to be fished on Rivers & Streams
- Tube : Brass bottle tubes 12 mm and 22 mm.
- Tying Silk : Black.
- Tag : Red Glo brite multi floss.
- Tail : Red Glo brite multi yarn.
- Body : Rear half glo brite floss with pearl mylar tinsel over.
- Body : Front half black ice dub.
- Hackle : Red, palmered over, (front half of body only).
- Rib : Oval silver tinsel, (over front half of body).
- Collar : Black hackle.
- Wing : Red artic fox, strands of flashabou with black fox tail over top.
- Cheeks : Jungle cock.
Comments from other fly fishermen
Currently there are no comments about the Red n Black Steelie fly pattern from other fly fishermen yet.
Sign-in to make a comment
To make a comment, please sign-in or register securely with us.