About the Green & Pearl Trout Flies Fly
The Green & Pearl is a variant of the Woven BB Nymph Series.
In smaller sizes these nymphs make excellent fast sinking stalking bugs on clear still waters for fishing on-the-drop. They can also be very effective when tied to imitate corixa and freshwater shrimps found in most still waters and rivers.
Their under body weighting and streamlined shape help them to cut through the water very quickly, ensuring no time is lost getting them to where the trout are feeding.
Creator of this trout flies fly: Robbie Winram
Tier of this trout flies fly: Robbie Winram
Country of origin for this trout flies fly: England
This trout flies fly is designed to be fished on Dams & Reservoirs, Rivers & Streams, Still Water fish
- Hook : 8-14.
- Thread : Sparton black professional.
- Tail: Natural cock pheasant centre feather fibres.
- Underbody : Fine lead wire or foil, depending on hook size.
- Body : Anchor Marlitt rayon embroidery thread, green on top and pearl ice crystal underneath.
- Wing Case : Black raffia, covered with varnish and green metalic flakes.
- Legs : Natural cock pheasant centre feather fibres
Fulling Mill super heavyweight grub.
Comments from other fly fishermen
Currently there are no comments about the Green & Pearl fly pattern from other fly fishermen yet.
Sign-in to make a comment
To make a comment, please sign-in or register securely with us.