About the Ammonite Trout Flies Fly
The Ammonite is slim with a lead under body which enables it to be fished well down into those deep holes. An added bonus is that the hook will always be point upwards so as not to snag the bottom.
Tier of this trout flies fly: Mandy Shelvey
Country of origin for this trout flies fly: England
This trout flies fly is designed to be fished on Rivers & Streams, Still Water fish
- Hook : 8-12.
- Thread : Brown.
- Under body : Lead foil strips.
- Body : Green antron yarn.
- Over body : Clear flexi body.
- Thorax : Green antron dubbing or sub.
- Legs : Green dyed partridge hackle, laid in over thorax.
- Wing Case : Strip of clear flexi body.
To create markings on body use brown marker pen.
Comments from other fly fishermen
Currently there are no comments about the Ammonite fly pattern from other fly fishermen yet.
Sign-in to make a comment
To make a comment, please sign-in or register securely with us.