About the Stewart's Black Marabou Muddler Trout Fly
This represents a minnow I found in a fish's stomach.
I started using this fly about 1980 when I first fished Gubu.
Best Time - when all else fails and when you are after the big fish
Creator of this trout fly: Harry Stewart
Tier of this trout fly: Harry Stewart
Country of origin for this trout fly: South Africa
This trout fly is designed to be fished on Dams & Reservoirs, Still Water
- Hook : Size 6 - 10.
- Silk : Black.
- Tail : Long black marabou with a few strands of flashabou.
- Underbody : Fluorescent wool.
- Overbody : Pearl mylar piping.
- Butt : Fluorescent red thread with a small butt of fluorescent red chenille.
- Wing : Long flowing black marabou, plus a few strands of flashabou.
- Head : Spun deer hair clipped to shape.
Wing tied in at head.
Comments from other fly fishermen
Currently there are no comments about the Stewart's Black Marabou Muddler fly pattern from other fly fishermen yet.
Sign-in to make a comment
To make a comment, please sign-in or register securely with us.