About the Olive Wulff Trout Flies Fly
The Grey Wulff has always been a popular pattern at Mayfly time, but why not try an olive adaption during the dun hatch?
Fish the fly in the film to imitate the stage of hatch itself, half in, half out of the water.
An efficient killing pattern at Mayfly time. In smaller sizes, down to 18s, it works well for olives.
A pattern Tony developed with the late Geoffrey Rivaz of Hungerford in the mid 70's.
Creator of this trout flies fly: Tony Hern & Geoffrey Rivaz
Tier of this trout flies fly: Tony Hern
Country of origin for this trout flies fly: England
This trout flies fly is designed to be fished on Rivers & Streams, Still Water fish
- Hook : 10 standard shank.
- Silk : Olive 6/0.
- Tag : Olive silk.
- Tail : Cock pheasant tail fibres, dressed short to imitate the mayfly dun tails.
- Body : Cock pheasant tail fibres.
- Wing : Roe deer fibres tied in the slightly advanced attitude.
- Hackle : generic olive grizzle saddle.
Comments from other fly fishermen
Currently there are no comments about the Olive Wulff fly pattern from other fly fishermen yet.
Sign-in to make a comment
To make a comment, please sign-in or register securely with us.