About the Stillborn Mayfly Cripple Trout Flies Fly
The Stillborn Mayfly Cripple is very successful when mayflies are hatching as it represents not only those that are unable to fully lose their nymphal shuck but also those whose wings do not form properly.
Creator of this trout flies fly: Chris Watson
Tier of this trout flies fly: Chris Watson
Country of origin for this trout flies fly: England
This trout flies fly is designed to be fished on Rivers & Streams, Still Water fish
- Hook : 10.
- Thread : Dark brown 12/0 bennechi.
- Tails : Golden pheasant centre tail fibres.
- Shuck : Mother of Pearl twinkle.
- Detached abdomen : Bleached yearling elk, ribbed with tying thread and coated with Roots Tuff Bond.
- Wings : Grey polypropylene yarn, tied one up one down and cut to shape.
- Hackle : Genetic olive dyed grizzle cock with the bottom cut out.
- Thorax : Cream superfine dry fly dubbing.
- Head Cement : Roots Tuff Bond.
Comments from other fly fishermen
Currently there are no comments about the Stillborn Mayfly Cripple fly pattern from other fly fishermen yet.
Sign-in to make a comment
To make a comment, please sign-in or register securely with us.