About the Philip White Hatching Dun Mayfly Trout Flies Fly
The Philip White Hatching Dun Mayfly sits beautifully on the surface.
It is a simple and sparse pattern that successfully mimics the daintiness, footprint and silhouette of the natural.
Country of origin for this trout flies fly: England
This trout flies fly is designed to be fished on Dams & Reservoirs, Rivers & Streams, Still Water fish
- Hook : Size 10.
- Thread : Pale yellow.
- Tail : Cock pheasant centre tail, as pale as possible, important it is tied long.
- Body : Rear half, wound tail fibre butts ribbed tying thread then PMD superfine dubbing.
- Hackle : Olive grizzle, half palmered.
- Wing : Summer duck flank bunch wing tied in front of hackle and sloped gently back.
- Head : Wing butts tied upright and clipped 'Troth' style.
The reasoning behind the 'long' tail is to represent nymphal shuck.
Comments from other fly fishermen
Currently there are no comments about the Philip White Hatching Dun Mayfly fly pattern from other fly fishermen yet.
Sign-in to make a comment
To make a comment, please sign-in or register securely with us.