About the Olive & Orange Trout Fly
The Olive & Orange is a variant of the Woven BB Nymph Series.
In smaller sizes these nymphs make excellent fast sinking stalking bugs on clear still waters for fishing on-the-drop.
They can also be very effective when tied to imitate corixa and freshwater shrimps found in most still waters and rivers.Their under body weighting and streamlined shape enable them to cut through the water very quickly so no time is lost getting them to where the trout are feeding.
Creator of this trout fly: Robbie Winram
Tier of this trout fly: Robbie Winram
Country of origin for this trout fly: England
This trout fly is designed to be fished on Dams & Reservoirs, Rivers & Streams, Still Water fish
- Hook : 8-14.
- Thread : Sparton black professional.
- Tail: Natural cock pheasant centre feather fibres.
- Under body : Fine lead wire or foil, depending on hook size.
- Body : Anchor Marlitt rayon embroidery thread, olive on top and orange underneath.
- Wing Case : Black raffia, varnished.
- Legs : Natural cock pheasant centre feather fibres.
Fulling Mill super heavyweight grub.
Comments from other fly fishermen
Currently there are no comments about the Olive & Orange fly pattern from other fly fishermen yet.
Sign-in to make a comment
To make a comment, please sign-in or register securely with us.