About the Morgan's Pheasant Tail Trout Flies Fly
Morgan's Pheasant Tail is a variant of an old established favourite has a few extras that certainly has produced results.
It is a very robust fly, the profile is more insect-like with the individual wing case, while a mother of pearl tag and the addition of two fibres of copper twinkle adds a distinctiveness without becoming garish.
It has been outstanding when fished as a point fly when sedge are hatching.
Creator of this trout flies fly: Trevor Morgan
Tier of this trout flies fly: Trevor Morgan
Country of origin for this trout flies fly: England
- Hook : 10-12.
- Tag : Mother of pearl lurex.
- Tail : Four fibres cock pheasant tail and two fibres copper twinkle.
- Body : Three fibres cock pheasant tail.
- Wing cases : Six fibres claret pheasant tail.
- Thorax : Dubbing of fox squirrel, the guard hairs giving the essential buggy effect.
- Rib : Copper wire.
Comments from other fly fishermen
Currently there are no comments about the Morgan's Pheasant Tail fly pattern from other fly fishermen yet.
Sign-in to make a comment
To make a comment, please sign-in or register securely with us.