About the Kakahi Queen Trout Fly
The Kakahi Queen is a classic New Zealand stream pattern. It is a wonderful dry fly that imitates the adult colobuiscus, one of New Zealand's larger mayflies which is distingished by the yellow colouring on the wings. It is most active from November to March.
Tier of this trout fly: Dan Isbister
Country of origin for this trout fly: New Zealand
This trout fly is designed to be fished on Rivers & Streams
- Hook : 12-16.
- Thread : Light brown or olive.
- Tail : Mallard flank dyed yellow.
- Body : Stripped yellow/olive quill.
- Wings, outer : Mallard flank dyed yellow.
- Wings, inner : Mallard flight feathers.
- Hackle : Light brown/dark ginger.
Comments from other fly fishermen
Currently there are no comments about the Kakahi Queen fly pattern from other fly fishermen yet.
Sign-in to make a comment
To make a comment, please sign-in or register securely with us.