About the American March Brown Trout Fly
The American March Brown was devised for use in tumbling rivers, to better simulate the Stenonema Vicarium, an early mottled wing mayfly more robust than its English cousins.
Creator of this trout fly: Preston Jennings
Tier of this trout fly: Dave Brandt
Country of origin for this trout fly: America - Catskills
This trout fly is designed to be fished on Rivers & Streams
- Hook : 8-10. XL shank sometimes used.
- Thread : Orange.
- Tail : Reddish brown hackle barbs.
- Body : Tan red fox belly fur.
- Wing : Heavily barred lemon wood duck flank.
- Hackle : Brown and grizzle mixed.
An alternative for the wing is a bronzed mallard flank.
Comments from other fly fishermen
Currently there are no comments about the American March Brown fly pattern from other fly fishermen yet.
Sign-in to make a comment
To make a comment, please sign-in or register securely with us.