About the J C Claret Emerger Trout Fly
The J C Claret Emerger is a worthwhile fly to try when the fish are feeding on small hatching midges.
It can also be fished in a team on the larger waters.
Cast to individual fish or left to drift around naturally, either way it does work well.
Tier of this trout fly: Mandy Shelvey
Country of origin for this trout fly: England
This trout fly is designed to be fished on Dams & Reservoirs, Still Water fish
- Hook : 12-16.
- Thread : Blac.k
- Tag : Pearl mylar tinsel.
- Body : Claret seal's fur.
- Rib : Fine flat pearl mylar tinsel.
- Wing buds : Good darker coloured Jungle Cock feathers each side of thorax.
- Thorax : Claret seal's fur.
- Hackle : Natural red cock.
A black or olive variant can be created by repacking the seal's fur and hackle with suitable colours.
Comments from other fly fishermen
Currently there are no comments about the J C Claret Emerger fly pattern from other fly fishermen yet.
Sign-in to make a comment
To make a comment, please sign-in or register securely with us.