About the Sparkle Shrimp Trout Fly
I always have a selection of shrimps in my fly box in a variety of colours and sizes. These can vary from a very small golden olivey yellow to large slate grey to almost black ones. They take on an amazing range of colours according to age, condition etc. They are absolutely deadly in all types of water at any time of year for both Trout and Grayling. No fancy fishing techniques are required just standard nymphing methods, most effective when twitched round weeded areas. It is also very useful as a stalking pattern for specimen fish on small waters. I have lost count of the number of times this fly has saved me from a fishless day.
Creator of this trout fly: Chris Watson
Tier of this trout fly: Chris Watson
Country of origin for this trout fly: England
This trout fly is designed to be fished on Dams & Reservoirs, Rivers & Streams, Still Water fish
- Hook : 10 - 18
- Thread : Olive galaxy wonderthread
- Weight : Fine square lead
- Mouth Parts : Olive dyed grizzle hackle
- Rib : 3lb clear monofilament
- Hackle : Olive mottled oak thin skin
- Eyes : Heat blobbed nylon
- Body : Golden olive and orange superbright sparkle dubbing, well picked out to give effect of legs
- Head Cement : Roots tuff bond
Comments from other fly fishermen
Currently there are no comments about the Sparkle Shrimp fly pattern from other fly fishermen yet.
Sign-in to make a comment
To make a comment, please sign-in or register an account with us.
Please register your billing address here. Delivery addresses can be entered and selected later.