About the Ripogenous Smelt Trout Fly
The Ripogenous Smelt is an attractor streamer pattern.
Creator of this trout fly: Don Wilson
Tier of this trout fly: Mandy Shelvey
Country of origin for this trout fly: USA
This trout fly is designed to be fished on Rivers & Streams
- Head : Black.
- Tag : Flat silver tinsel.
- Body : Danville size 12, burnt orange floss.
- Rib : Flat silver tinsel.
- Throat : Four strands of peacock herl next to hook, then sparse white buck tail, both same length of wing, a small golden pheasant crest curving upwards, about 1/3 wing length.
- Wing : Two grizzle saddle hackles, flanked by two light blue saddle hackles.
- Cheeks : Dark barred teal side feather.
Comments from other fly fishermen
Currently there are no comments about the Ripogenous Smelt fly pattern from other fly fishermen yet.
Sign-in to make a comment
To make a comment, please sign-in or register securely with us.