About the Mandy's Pike Sculpin Freshwater Fly
Mandy's Pike Sculpin is a lure that attracts those predators that lie and wait in ambush, then with sudden unexpected explosive speed surge forward seizing their prey.
It is a great lure for those big muskies, pike and taimen.
Creator of this freshwater fly: Mandy Shelvey
Tier of this freshwater fly: Mandy Shelvey
Country of origin for this freshwater fly: England
This freshwater fly is designed to be fished on Dams & Reservoirs, Rivers & Streams, Still Water fish
- Hook : 2-8.
- Thread : Black.
- Tail : Four dyed brown grizzle cock hackles.
- Body : Cream antron dubbing.
- Rib : Oval silver tinsel.
- Collar : Red antron dubbing.
- Pectoral Fins : Two nice, round dark grouse body feathers.
- Head : Red deer hair underneath for gills,then a mix of tan, dark brown and black deer hair on top mixed and bleached deer hair underneath. Trim to shape and put on an epoxy eye each side.
Tail is tied Matuka style.
Ribbing holds the grizzle hackle to the back of the hook. Tie in a small amount of red antron just behind the head to create the collar, then tie in the grouse feathers just behind the head.
Comments from other fly fishermen
Currently there are no comments about the Mandy's Pike Sculpin fly pattern from other fly fishermen yet.
Sign-in to make a comment
To make a comment, please sign-in or register securely with us.