About the Grasshopper Trout Fly
This is a fun fly to tie and fish. Remember when fishing a grasshopper
to make it look real - TWITCH IT ! don't Drag it.
Creator of this trout fly: Roger Butler
Tier of this trout fly: Roger Butler
Country of origin for this trout fly: Tasmania
This trout fly is designed to be fished on Rivers & Streams, Still Water fish
- Hook : 8 - 10
- Thread : Brown or Olive green
- Tail : Pink (light) wool or similar.
- Body : dubbed fox furs: starting from the tail with a little pink, then a mixture of light green / fawn / straw coloured.
- Ribbing : narrow green flat tinsel then lay along top of body a small yellow (hackle) feather and bunch of deer hair a little longer than the tail.
- Legs : Cree hackle feathers coated (and allowed to dry) with Vinyl Cement and tied along the body to past the tail.
- Hackle : Cree trimmed short (approx. 6-8mm) to form dense head.
Comments from other fly fishermen
Currently there are no comments about the Grasshopper fly pattern from other fly fishermen yet.
Sign-in to make a comment
To make a comment, please sign-in or register an account with us.
Please register your billing address here. Delivery addresses can be entered and selected later.