About the Grasshopper Trout Fly
The Grasshopper is a fun fly to tie and fish. Just remember that to make it look real it has to be twitched, not Dragged.
Creator of this trout fly: Roger Butler
Tier of this trout fly: Roger Butler
Country of origin for this trout fly: Tasmania
This trout fly is designed to be fished on Rivers & Streams, Still Water fish
- Hook : 8-10.
- Thread : Brown or olive green.
- Tail : Pink, light, wool or similar.
- Body : Dubbed fox furs, starting from the tail with a little pink, then a mixture of light green, fawn, straw colours.
- Ribbing : Narrow green flat tinsel, then lay along top of body a small yellow hackle feather and a bunch of deer hair a little longer than the tail.
- Legs : Cree hackle feathers coated, and allowed to dry, with Vinyl Cement and tied along the body past the tail.
- Hackle : Cree trimmed short. approx. 6-8 mm) to form dense head.
Comments from other fly fishermen
Currently there are no comments about the Grasshopper fly pattern from other fly fishermen yet.
Sign-in to make a comment
To make a comment, please sign-in or register securely with us.