About the The Red Tag Trout Fly
The Red Tag is a fairly nondescript beetle pattern that just keeps on catching fish! Trout love it.
Creator of this trout fly: Roger Butler
Tier of this trout fly: Roger Butler
Country of origin for this trout fly: England
This trout fly is designed to be fished on Rivers & Streams, Still Water fish
- Hook : 12-16.
- Thread : Black or dark brown.
- Tail : Red or scarlet wool.
- Under body : Black or dark brown antron, or similar body material.
- Body : Two or three strands of peacock herl tied on and wound around the tying thread, to both give it strength and hold the body together after a hit from a hungry trout.
- Hackle : Ginger to light brown.
Comments from other fly fishermen
Currently there are no comments about the The Red Tag fly pattern from other fly fishermen yet.
Sign-in to make a comment
To make a comment, please sign-in or register securely with us.