About the Red Czar Templedog Salmon Atlantic Fly
The Red Czar has become very popular over the last few seasons; using the weight of the bottle tube not only to get the fly to the required deep but 'twitching it' adds tantalizing movement to its mobile wing.
The templedog is a series of tube flies developed by the swedish fly tyer Hakan Norling. They all are tied with the same style and with the use of "templedog" hair for the wing. This can be substiuted with good quality artic fox.
Country of origin for this salmon atlantic fly: Norway
This salmon atlantic fly is designed to be fished on Rivers & Streams
- Tube : Brass Bottle Tubes 12mm and 22mm
- Tying Silk Black
- Tag : Red Glo brite multi floss
- Tail : Red Glo brite multi yarn
- Body : Rear half glo brite floss with pearl mylar tinsel over.
- Body : Front half black ice dub
- Hackle : Red palmered over (front half of body only)
- Rib : Oval silver tinsel (over front half of body)
- Collar : Black hackle
- Wing : Red artic fox, strands of flashabou with black foxtail over top
- Cheeks : Jungle Cock
The templedog is perhaps the classic fly using fox, but just about any hairwing fly can be tied using templedog-style, with a longish wing set rather vertical.
Comments from other fly fishermen
Currently there are no comments about the Red Czar Templedog fly pattern from other fly fishermen yet.
Sign-in to make a comment
To make a comment, please sign-in or register an account with us.
Please register your billing address here. Delivery addresses can be entered and selected later.