About the Mandy's Dark Muskie Other Fly
Mandy's Dark Muskie is, as the name suggests a pattern tied for muskies, the American version of the English and European pike.
It is a variant of the original that was tied and created by Brian Thielicke. It has a triple rabbit strip wing, is very mobile and is full of pulsating action when retrieved, all very tempting for predatory muskie or pike.
You need to set the hooks home, so if you are fishing deep, wind down on the fish and strike twice firmly.
Creator of this other fly: Brian Thielicke
Tier of this other fly: Mandy Shelvey
Country of origin for this other fly: America
This other fly is designed to be fished on Dams & Reservoirs, Rivers & Streams, Still Water fish
- Hook : 4-0.
- Tail : White buck tail with a strip of rabbit over top.
- Body : Olive cactus chenille or fritz.
- Throat : White buck tail.
- Wings : Three strips of dark brown rabbit fur and with strands of gold flashabou over.
- Eye : Large lead dumbbells with large glass taxidermy eyes or large epoxy eyes stuck on each side of dumbbells.
Comments from other fly fishermen
Currently there are no comments about the Mandy's Dark Muskie fly pattern from other fly fishermen yet.
Sign-in to make a comment
To make a comment, please sign-in or register securely with us.