About the Olive Dragon Trout Fly
The Olive Dragon is an ugly pattern that has proved to be an appetising morsel in the eyes of trout.
Creator of this trout fly: Alan Neally
Tier of this trout fly: Mandy Shelvey
Country of origin for this trout fly: USA
- Hook : 6-8.
- Thread : Brown .
- Over body : Weave of olive larva lace.
- Under body : Olive larva lace over heavy mono.
- Under Dubbing : Olive brown antron or similar.
- Wing pad : Olive hen body feather.
- Legs : Hen pheasant body feather.
- Head : Light olive antron hare blend.
- Wing case : Pheasant tail hackle fibres.
- Legs/breathers : White poly yarn.
Treat the wing pad with Dave's flexament.
Comments from other fly fishermen
Currently there are no comments about the Olive Dragon fly pattern from other fly fishermen yet.
Sign-in to make a comment
To make a comment, please sign-in or register securely with us.