About the Montana Nymph Trout Fly
The Montana Nymph is an extremely successful and popular pattern on stillwaters all over the world.
This fly must be fished on the bottom for the best results.
Tier of this trout fly: Mandy Shelvey
Country of origin for this trout fly: America
This trout fly is designed to be fished on Dams & Reservoirs, Still Water fish
- Hook : 8-12.
- Thread : Black.
- Tail : Black hackle tips or fibres.
- Under body : Lead wire, optional.
- Body : Black chenille.
- Thorax : Yellow chenille.
- Hackle : Palmered black cock, over thorax only.
- Wing case : Black chenille.
Comments from other fly fishermen
Currently there are no comments about the Montana Nymph fly pattern from other fly fishermen yet.
Sign-in to make a comment
To make a comment, please sign-in or register securely with us.