About the Hairy Red Eyed Olive Damsel Nymph Trout Fly
The Hairy Red Eyed Olive Damsel Nymph is one of the highly successful Hairy Red Eyed Nymph series of flies.
Creator of this trout fly: Gordon Mackenzie
Tier of this trout fly: Gordon Mackenzie
Country of origin for this trout fly: South Africa
This trout fly is designed to be fished on Dams & Reservoirs, Still Water fish
- Hook : 8-14 wtd.
- Thread : Black, green or olive 6/0 or 8/0.
- Eyes : Nylon mono nymph eyes painted red.
- Weight : Copper wire.
- Tail : Arctic fox fur, olive.
- Ribbing : Olive tinsel thread.
- Body : Olive rabbit fur dubbing, thin.
- Underwing : Olive fur with guard hairs.
- Thorax : Olive dubbing well picked out.
- Overwing : Grey fur with guard hairs.
- Hackle : Olive squirrel tail.
- Head : Brown or black dubbing.
Comments from other fly fishermen
Currently there are no comments about the Hairy Red Eyed Olive Damsel Nymph fly pattern from other fly fishermen yet.
Sign-in to make a comment
To make a comment, please sign-in or register securely with us.