About the Hairy Red Eyed Blue Winged Olive Nymph Trout Fly
The Hairy Red Eyed Blue Winged Olive Nymph is one of the highly successful Hairy Red Eyed Nymph series of flies.
Creator of this trout fly: Gordon Mackenzie
Tier of this trout fly: Gordon Mackenzie
Country of origin for this trout fly: South Africa
This trout fly is designed to be fished on Dams & Reservoirs, Rivers & Streams, Still Water fish
- Hook : 8-14 wtd.
- Thread : Cream or yellow 6/0 or 8/0.
- Eyes : Nylon mono nymph eyes painted red.
- Weight : Copper wire.
- Tail : Red fox squirrel body guard hairs.
- Ribbing : Brown thread.
- Body : Medium olive rabbit fur dubbing.
- Underwing : Light grey fur with guard hairs.
- Thorax : Medium rabbit fur dubbing.
- Overwing : Dark grey fur with guard hairs.
- Hackle : Brown guard hairs from grey squirrel pelt.
- Head : Brown dubbing.
TMC 5263, Mustard 9672.
Comments from other fly fishermen
Currently there are no comments about the Hairy Red Eyed Blue Winged Olive Nymph fly pattern from other fly fishermen yet.
Sign-in to make a comment
To make a comment, please sign-in or register securely with us.