About the Baetis Nymph Trout Fly
The Baetis Nymph is good on limestone rivers and stillwater when lake or pond olives are present.
It is best used as part of a team of nymphs or in combination with a buoyant dry fly.
Creator of this trout fly: Chris Watson
Tier of this trout fly: Chris Watson
Country of origin for this trout fly: England
This trout fly is designed to be fished on Rivers & Streams, Still Water fish
- Hook : 10-18.
- Thread : White Dyneema.
- Weight : Extra fine square lead, under thorax area only.
- Tail : Fine white tail deer.
- Abdomen : Touching turns of oil filled Roots Elite Lace, colour to match the natural.
- Thorax cover and headcase : Clear flexiskin.
- Legs : Partridge hackle.
- Eyes : Black monofilament.
- Thorax : Superfine dry fly dubbing, to match the natural.
- Head Cement : Roots tuff bond
- Colour Tinting : Edding No 001 for thorax cover, colour top of abdomen and headcase according to the species you are imitating
Comments from other fly fishermen
Currently there are no comments about the Baetis Nymph fly pattern from other fly fishermen yet.
Sign-in to make a comment
To make a comment, please sign-in or register securely with us.