About the Heptagenid Nymph Trout Fly
The Heptagenid Nymph represents nymphs at the stone clinging stage of their development.
It is best fished on a dead drift.
Creator of this trout fly: Oliver Edwards
Tier of this trout fly: Mandy Shelvey
Country of origin for this trout fly: England
This trout fly is designed to be fished on Rivers & Streams
- Hook : 14-16.
- Thread : Black.
- Unde rbody : Lead or copper wire.
- Glue : Floo Gloo or Dave's Flexament.
- Tail : White animal bristle, dyed yellow olive.
- Abdomen : Polythene 2mm. Dyed yellow olive or flex body.
- Gills : Ostrich herl, yellow olive.
- Thorax and Head : Fine synthetic dubbing, yellow olive.
- Head and wing case : Brown raffene.
- Legs : Guinea fowl, yellow olive.
- Wings : Dark, brick red, grouse hackle coated with varnish or epoxy.
Partridge 'Capt Hamilton' Nymph H1A.
Comments from other fly fishermen
Is this fly available to buy in a size 16 and 18 to the general public? - Posted by Stephen Jones on 22/04/2009
I'm afraid we don't stock this fly as of yet. Trade orders only until we get demand :( - Posted by David Radley - Fish4Flies Team on 23/06/2009
Sign-in to make a comment
To make a comment, please sign-in or register securely with us.