About the Hairy Olive Caddis Larva Trout Fly
The Hairy Olive Caddis Larva is just one of the highly successful Hairy series of flies. The hair hackle creates a natural pulsating movement in the water.
Creator of this trout fly: Gordon Mackenzie
Tier of this trout fly: Gordon Mackenzie
Country of origin for this trout fly: England
This trout fly is designed to be fished on Dams & Reservoirs, Still Water fish
- Hook : 8-16.
- Thread : Yellow, olive or black.
- Underbody : Copper wire.
- Rib : Copper or gold wire.
- Body : Olive dubbing.
- Thorax : Dark olive squirrel or rabbit fur dubbing.
- Hackle : Dark olive squirrel tail hairs.
- Head : Black fur dubbing well picked out, or black angel hair dubbing.
TMC 200R, Mustad 89950BR.
Comments from other fly fishermen
Currently there are no comments about the Hairy Olive Caddis Larva fly pattern from other fly fishermen yet.
Sign-in to make a comment
To make a comment, please sign-in or register securely with us.