About the Elite Hydropsyche Larve Trout Fly
The Elite Hydropsyche Larve is a caseless caddis that not only works for trout but is also an excellent fly for winter Grayling.
It is best fished either on the point with a tungsten bead or as the bottom dropper.
Creator of this trout fly: Chris Watson
Tier of this trout fly: Chris Watson
Country of origin for this trout fly: England
This trout fly is designed to be fished on Still Water fish
- Hook : 6-14.
- Thread : White Dyneema.
- Tail : Light brown ostrich marabou.
- Abdomen : Close turns of tan oil filled Roots Elite Lace.
- Rib : Camel ostrich herl, trimmed top and sides.
- Thorax cover : Clear flexi skin.
- Thorax : Hare's ear antron dubbing.
- Legs : Golden pheasant centre tail fibres.
- Colour tinting : Edding No 7 for back of abdomen, Edding No 18 for back of thorax and head.
- Head cement : Roots Tuff Bond
Comments from other fly fishermen
Currently there are no comments about the Elite Hydropsyche Larve fly pattern from other fly fishermen yet.
Sign-in to make a comment
To make a comment, please sign-in or register securely with us.