About the Olive & Yellow Growler Nymph Trout Fly
The Olive & Yellow Growler Nymph is a flashy and bright lure, best fished slowly along the bottom, with short intermittent pulls to activate the long marabou tail.
Creator of this trout fly: Rob Spiller (1989)
Tier of this trout fly: Mandy Shelvey
Country of origin for this trout fly: England
This trout fly is designed to be fished on Dams & Reservoirs, Still Water fish
- Hook : 8.
- Thread : Black.
- Underbody : Two layers of medium lead wire.
- Tail : Olive marabou, two to three times body length.
- Body : Olive fritz or similar.
- Thorax : Yellow chenille.
- Hackle : Palmered, black, over thorax only.
- Wing Case : Olive chenille.
Heavy weight hook.
Comments from other fly fishermen
Currently there are no comments about the Olive & Yellow Growler Nymph fly pattern from other fly fishermen yet.
Sign-in to make a comment
To make a comment, please sign-in or register securely with us.