About the March Brown Female Trout Fly
The March Brown Female is one of the leading choices in any fly fisherman's fly box.
Over the centuries this pattern has killed trout on all types of rivers and still waters.
It is especially potent during the early part of the season.
The March Brown has been a dependable pattern in flyboxes since Charles Cotton in the 1680s.
Creator of this trout fly: 16th.Century
Tier of this trout fly: Mandy Shelvey
Country of origin for this trout fly: England
This trout fly is designed to be fished on Dams & Reservoirs, Rivers & Streams, Still Water fish
- Hook : 12.
- Thread : Brown or yellow.
- Tail : Two fibres of partridge tail.
- Body : Copper coloured silk, dubbed with fur from a hare's ear and mixed with yellow mohair.
- Rib : Fine gold wire.
- Hackle, legs : Brown partridge.
- Wings : Light partridge tail.
Comments from other fly fishermen
Currently there are no comments about the March Brown Female fly pattern from other fly fishermen yet.
Sign-in to make a comment
To make a comment, please sign-in or register securely with us.