About the Mayfly Dun Trout Fly
The Mayfly Dun is very successful when the Mayfly hatch are about. It has the advantage of sitting very low in the water ans the combination of materials in the dressing gives it excellent flotation qualities.
Either cast it on a short 9’ leader to an individual rising fish or allow it to drift through the hatch.
Creator of this trout fly: Chris Watson
Tier of this trout fly: Chris Watson
Country of origin for this trout fly: England
This trout fly is designed to be fished on Rivers & Streams, Still Water fish
- Hook : 10.
- Thread : Dark brown 12/0 bennechi.
- Tails : Golden pheasant centre tail fibres.
- Detached abdomen : Bleached yearling elk, ribbed with tying thread and coated with Roots Tuff Bond.
- Wing : 2 CDC feathers, one olive and one natural.
- Hackle : Genetic olive dyed grizzle cock tied parachute style.
- Thorax : Cream superfine dry fly dubbing.
- Head Cement : Roots Tuff Bond.
Comments from other fly fishermen
Currently there are no comments about the Mayfly Dun fly pattern from other fly fishermen yet.
Sign-in to make a comment
To make a comment, please sign-in or register securely with us.