About the Sooty Bumble Trout Fly
Rod Tye works within the traditions and lore’s of Irish fly design dating back to the early 19c.
Whilst many of the flies are original in some sense, they would not claim to be "inventions" in the strictest sense of that term, but rather the combination of the accumulated experience of others and himself, across time. The flies are made according to how they perform, and in many ways, they make themselves.
Creator of this trout fly: Rod Tye
Tier of this trout fly: Rod Tye
Country of origin for this trout fly: Ireland
This trout fly is designed to be fished on Dams & Reservoirs, Still Water fish
- Hook : 10 - 14
- Thread : Brown
- Tail : Golden pheasant tippets dyed olive green
- Rib : Black holographic tinsel
- Body : Blend of dark green and black seal's fur
- Body Hackle : Black cock and red game cock dyed green olive wound together
- Shoulder Hackle : Grey partridge
Comments from other fly fishermen
Currently there are no comments about the Sooty Bumble fly pattern from other fly fishermen yet.
Sign-in to make a comment
To make a comment, please sign-in or register securely with us.